We help you find answers to Frequently Asked Questions with SDCEM disconnector switch guide and customer service support :
SDCEM DISCONNECTING & SWITCHING GUIDE
SDCEM CUSTOMER SUPPORT
- What products and solutions does SDCEM offer?
- I have a request for quotation, how to reach the sales team for a quotation?
- I need troubleshooting and repairing of my equipment, who do I need to contact?
- What is SDCEM Services?
- What is SDCEM Services scope of support?
- How to reach SDCEM Services support?
You didn’t find your answer?
WHAT IS A DISCONNECTOR SWITCH?
A disconnector switch (also known as “disconnect switch”) is a switching device used to isolate an element of the electrical network (HV line, transformer, portion of electrical station …). It ensures network operators that the electrical circuit is de-energized and that they can proceed to maintenance or repairs safely, without electrical risks.
A disconnector must:
- Indicate without any doubt its position, it shows a “visible breaking” to the operator
- Be pad lockable to guarantee the operator that the isolated circuit will not be closed inadvertently
- Have isolation between terminals, which guarantees the operator that an overvoltage does not create an isolation defect and put the circuit out of tension.
There are various types of disconnect switches available, depending on geographic uses and environment conditions.
At SDCEM, we offer a large range of switches from Disconnector Switches (DS), Earthing Switches (ES), Load Break Switches (LBS) with Operating Mechanisms (OM) to ensure a reliable products for your indoor and outdoor installations, with a voltage range from 1,5 kV to 550 kV.
WHAT IS AN EARTHING SWITCH?
An earthing switch (also called ground disconnector or earthing switch disconnector) is a disconnector designed to de-energize an electrical network using ground isolation allowing operators installation and maintenance.
There are two types of earthing switch:
- Associated earthing switch (associated with a disconnector). This associated earthing switch is often for the line.
- Stand-alone earthing switch
SDCEM provides independent Earthing Switches (ES) and combined earthing switches with optional accessories, interlocking, device, small current switching capacity and induced current switching (IEC 62271-102 Annexe B and IEC 62271-102 Annexe C) with a voltage range from 24 kV to 550 kV for indoor and outdoor use.
WHAT IS A LOAD BREAK SWITCH?
A load break switch, also called interruptor or on-load switch, is a disconnecting device equipped with arc interrupters.
They are generally used in medium and high voltage industry. It’s designed to make and break the load current by isolating the circuit under normal circuit conditions (including specified overload conditions or short-circuit current). They interrupt the remaining currents by creating and extinguishing the arc in a vacuum chamber (vacuum break switch) or in the air (air breaking switch)
SDCEM AC / DC Load Break Switches (LBS) portfolio is suitable for Railway Electrification, conventional or high speed lines 3kV, 15kV, 25 kV or 2x25kV networks (outdoor switches, which can also be enclosed)
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A DISCONNECTOR SWITCH, CIRCUIT BREAKER AND ON LOAD SWITCH?
Disconnector switch (or Switch-Disconnector or Off-load Switch) is a disconnecting device that can’t switch off the current, so it is usually associated with a circuit breaker or an on load switch. The key factor of a disconnect switch is the opening distance (when they are opened, disconnectors create a visual gap), securing operators that have to see a visible isolation gap before taking any action on the circuit, to proceed any maintenance of electrical equipment. They are operated by manual or motor drives.
On Load Switch (or load break switch disconnector or On-load Switch) is a switching device that can cut rated current (Ir), either in the air (air-breaking) or in a vacuum chamber (vacuum breaking). It is an AIS (air insulated substation) technology and has no switching capacity on short circuit current.
Circuit breaker is a switching device that can cut the rated current (Ir) as well as short circuit current (Ik). The circuit breaker must be opened before manipulating the disconnector. We can distinguish 3 types: vacuum circuit-breakers (arc is cut in a vacuum chamber), air circuit-breakers or SF6 circuit breakers – GIS technology with gas chamber-, and are qualified as dead tanks (switching unit is located within a metallic container which is kept a earth potential) or live tanks (switching unit is located in an insulator bushing which is live at line voltage).
SDCEM does not provide this material.
WHAT IS AN OPERATING MECHANISM OR OPERATING DRIVE?
Operating mechanisms (also called operating drives) are used to operate MV HV or VHV disconnectors, switches … They can by either manual or electric with emergency operating. Drives must be chosen according to the specific constrains linked with each application: type of use, site conditions, safety matters.
SDCEM manufacture electrical and manual drives with numerous additional accessories to be adapted for such as the box suitable for severe indoor and outdoor condition (adapted to each site environment erecting condition).
A range of universal smart drives (MR41E and MR164E) has been created to control and monitor easily switching and disconnecting equipment. True IEDs equipped with sensors and self-monitoring functions they are designed to fit all configurations (multi-voltage, interchangeability, and high torque up to 1000 Nm…) and severe environmental conditions (high temperatures or humidity, sand). SDCEM electrical drives are design for remote operation and local operation (SCADA). The MRxxE models are universal and compatible with our S-Solutions with locking and interlocking.
WHAT IS A SMART GRID SOLUTION?
Smart grid solutions are a grid technologies designed to improve and optimize electric distribution networks. It helps the operators to monitor and control the grid remotely to provide safe and reliable installations.
As digitalization is fast approaching in electrical networks, SDCEM has developed smart grid solutions of control & monitoring that enable operators to plan, monitor and operate HV / MV equipment in a more cost efficient, transparent and safe way.
SDCEM offers full comprehensive solutions with a range of optimized switching solutions “S-Solutions” designed to meet the requirements of operators:
- Reduce maintenance time and costs with disconnector predictive maintenance
- Anticipate breakdowns and prevent mechanical defects
- Optimize cost effective operational performance
- Increase reliability of equipment throughout their service life
- Facilitate operation by ensuring the safety of equipment and onsite technicians
WHAT ARE SDCEM CONTROL & MONITORING PRODUCTS?
SDCEM offers various smart grid solutions to improve the reliability, efficiency, security and intelligence of your electrical networks from power generation to distribution.
Our range of optimized switching solutions “Control & Monitoring” are designed to meet the requirements of operators: reduced maintenance, anticipated breakdowns, optimized cost and performance, easy installation and trouble-free operation.
From a remote control board, portable diagnostic tool for asset management, voltage detectors for railways to a DS position detector for enclosed devices, our S-SOLUTIONS are IED equipped, plug and play and universal. Compatible with all equipment, S-Solutions only need a Universal Smart Drive (MR41E or MR164E) and can be implemented at any time:
WHAT PRODUCTS AND SOLUTIONS DOES SDCEM OFFER?
SDCEM is worldwide company specialized in the design and manufacture of HV / MV disconnector and switches for Railway Electrification, Transmission & Distribution and Power Generation application. SDCEM provides smart grid solutions and technical services to improve the lifetime of your electrical networks. SDCEM provides disconnectors and switches for :
- Pumped storange power plants (PSPP)
- Hydro power plant (HPP)
- Nucleal power plants (NPP)
- Therman power plants (TPP)
Trasmission & Distribution:
- HV / MV disconnectors for AIS Substation
- Disconnectors for indoor substations
- Disconnectors for mobile substations
- High current DS for SVC / STATCOM
- Catenaries (Overhead Line Equipment)
- Traction substations
- Tunnel electrification
I HAVE A SALES INQUIRY, HOW TO REACH THE SALES TEAM FOR A QUOTE?
If you have any sales inquiries or if you need a quotation, please fill our contact form below
I NEED TROUBLESHOOTING AND REPAIRING OF MY SDCEM EQUIPMENT, WHO DO I NEED TO CONTACT?
If you have any inquiries regarding your SDCEM equipment, please click on the button below
WHAT IS SDCEM SERVICES?
SDCEM SERVICES is a dedicated team of experts, trained to accompany customers through technical needs on-site at each phase of product life cycle:
- Set & spare parts for repairing and damaged disconnectors
- Rehabilitation kits
- Replacement of disconnect equipment
- Retrofit and upgrade disconnect equipment
- Interchangeability or disconnect remotorization
- Adaptation kits for existing “old brand” equipment (Soulet, Merlin Gerin..)
- Switch disconnectors additional equipment
- Technical assistance services
- Onsite expertise of assembly, install, adjustment, commissioning, maintenance and risk management
- SDCEM equipment installation and maintenance
- Assembly and adjustment
- Training and supervision
- Preconization of spare parts
- On-site measurement and recommendation of most adapted solution
- Monitoring and diagnostics of switch disconnector for extending equipment life
- Equipment retrofit to increase lifetime at the best cost
- Assistance for asset management and maintenance
WHAT IS SDCEM SERVICES SCOPE OF SUPPORT?
From installation and commissioning to remotorization, SDCEM SERVICES provides various services to meets clients’ requirements:
- Installation of the equipment: SDCEM Services can assembly, install and commission the equipment and supervise the clients’ on-site team if requested
- Training & maintaining on site: SDCEM Services provides standard &advanced maintenance, repair service and equipment troubleshooting (genuine or interchangeable spare parts). We offer on site or in factory training to our clients’ operator (ie diagnostic software training).
- Diagnostic & optimization of the product lifetime: We can provide diagnostic and recommendations or self-diagnosis equipment supply to our clients to operate real-time condition monitoring and condition based maintenance.
- Upgrade & retrofit of your equipment: SDCEM services provide technical consulting and risk management recommendations to retrofit disconnecting and switching equipment (interchangeability kits) in order to extend equipment’s life.
- Remotorization of your equipment: SDCEM Services teams repair damaged disconnectors and re-motorize your equipment (all brands) with additional equipment.
HOW TO REACH SDCEM SERVICES SUPPORT?
You can contact SDCEM SERVICES support at:
– +33 4 76 72 76 84
For any specific inquiries about your SDCEM equipment, please click on the button below